Wednesday 19 August 2015

A weekend away in London!

Hello My Lovelies

At the end of July my mum and I took a trip to London, we had been planning this for a couple of months and we made sure that we packed in lots to see and
do. We couldn't of picked a worse weekend as the weather was atrocious and rained all day but here are some of my highlights from our time away.

Victoria & Albert Museum- Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty Exhibition.
An opportunity to see the stunning master pieces of this world renowned designer. Sadly Alexander McQueen passed away in 2010 so this exhibition brought all of his most amazing pieces together and an insight into how his mind worked.

The exhibition which has been sold out the entire run was extremely
strict on time slots which I thought would mean that the rooms wouldn't be too busy,but in fact for the most there were very large groups of people and you had to be really patient to see each of the items.
This didn't dampen my experience though and it was still an amazing and mesmerising collection and a marvel to see.



After visiting the exhibition we went straight for food at Vintage Salt the roof top restaurant at Selfridges. 

We started with the bread, yum! I tucked into a vegetable risotto and my mum made a fab choice of the burger- we went for a carb overload!
After a look around Selfridges we took our weary bodies to the hotel we had booked for the night, a Premier Inn at Victoria with super comfy beds and for a London hotel was amazingly quiet.
The following day we went straight to the Kings Road for a look at the shops, I couldn't resist popping into Anthropologie and picking a beautiful candle for my sister.
Before long it was time for lunch and our reservation at the Ivy Chelsea Garden.

I absolutely loved the vibe and could of spent hours people watching- I did spot Chris Hollins of BBC news and Strictly winner! 

With full bellies we took a walk to the market near the Saatchi gallery where we stocked up on cakes for the trip home. I then took my mum into the Sattachi gallery as she had never visited before- I love it, she found it odd!



After spending a good hour checking out the modern art work it was time to head back to the hotel and then make our way home.
I had such a fab time hanging out with my mum, I can't wait to plan our next trip.

Have you visited any of the restaurants/exhibitions I visited, what did you think? Let me know in the comments and if there are any places in London I should visit next.

Till next time,
                   Tori.
                        X 













No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83