Friday 16 September 2016

Bestival Fun 2016!

Hello My Lovelies

This past weekend was pretty epic as I had tickets for Bestival! This was my first ever time going to Bestival even though I live on the Isle of Wight and work for a charity that goes every year. I decided to go along this year as the organisers offered affordable day tickets (something I've been hoping and asking for years!)

Leading up to Bestival I knew that there was a few artists that I wanted to see and so I downloaded the app ready to plan my Saturday and Sunday- I had to wait to Thursday to see if the people I had hoped I would see would be on the days that I was on site. Luckily they were mainly on the Saturday and then Sunday was all about the headliners! Before I got to Bestival I had heard that there were rumours of the site being much smaller then previous years but this didn't put me off and I was super excited to make my way there.

This years theme (they have a different one every year) was the future! Whilst I'm not into fancy dress I wanted to give a little nod to it and so I wore this amazing star dress from EBay that my sister found for me and was an utter bargain at £7.00. As the weather was so bad I wore leggings, welly boots (that I've not had an excuse to wear in years), my rain coat from Matalan and red charity shop bag.
Whilst it did rain all day it didn't dampen our spirits or the amount of fun we had! First up on the main stage was grime princess Lady Leshurr who rapped and spat lyrics and had the crowd bouncing in the mud-she was definitely a highlight for Saturday. 
  
Following Lady Leshurr was Anne-Marie in the Big Top singing one of my favourite songs of the moment 'Alarm'- it was fab to see all of these up and coming artists in an almost intimate setting. 

Later in the day we saw Craig David who by far is the most hard working act of all- his set consisted of DJ'ing whilst singing and performing! Craig brought out the sun and the crowd sang all of his hits back to him with a sprinkling of 90's covers! We decided after spending the day in the rain to call it an early night so that we could see Bastille, Sean Paul and Wiz Khalifa the next day.

Sunday we woke to the hottest Sunday in September the Isle of Wight has ever seen to date which was a great way to start my final day at Bestival!
We mostly spent the day exploring the different areas as we hadn't had the opportunity the previous day. Even though many said that the site was smaller this year I thought that with so much to see and do if it had been any bigger I would of needed another day to see everything.

Sunday's highlight by far was the opportunity to take part in a Reggae Aerobics in 'Carnivale'- it was so much fun bopping along to the beats and the hosts were fab! I wish we had this on the Isle of Wight permanently as I would go every week without fail.
I adored the vibe of Bestival compared to that of say the Isle of Wight Festival, it had a real happy, friendly party aura and the little things like extra covered seating, smaller venues etc. that you don't find at most other festivals around the country really made it for me. I had the best time at Bestival- as I had absolutely nothing to compare it to and of years gone by, I do know that I will be back next year without a doubt.

The World's largest bouncy castle!

    Kids area.

   Space Port!

Until next year Bestival you were an absolute blast! Have you even been to Bestival? What were your highlights make sure you share them with me in the comments!!


Till next time,
                    Tori.
                          X

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83