Wednesday 22 November 2017

New York Highlights!

Hello My Lovelies


It's been a month already since I went to New York- it was a trip that been planned and booked for almost a year to celebrate my mum's 60th Birthday! My sister and I had been lucky enough to both visit in the past ten years or so but my mum had never been so we combined places we had been to before and also some new ones too. Here are my highlights from my trip!

My sister and I had never been to the Brooklyn Bridge before and so this was one of the things on our to do list- it took a bit of finding but it was well worth it! it was pretty buy but we were still able to enjoy our time and get some lovely pics.

The Highline is an old disused rail way line that it is now an epic, chilled garden space right in the middle of the city. This is a must if you're ever in NYC! Again having never been before I'm so glad we took the time to walk along, chat and take some time to contemplate on the very busy trip!

Another highlight of the trip was the opportunity to go and explore Little Italy and China Town and check out all of the amazingly beautiful graffiti- it was great to leave the busy parts of the city like Times Square behind to visit local areas.

No trip to NYC is complete without taking a walk around Central Park. My mum really wanted to pop along and I had never seen the Alice in Wonderland statue so it was fab to experience, it was also a really unseasonably warm October day so we were really able to enjoy it without feeling too cold.


Last time I didn't get to visit Top of the Rock as I wanted to go to the Empire State (which we also did on this visit) and I'm so glad we did- the views I have to say are so much more epic than that of the Empire State. Everything seems so much closer and clearer and the photo opportunities were pretty fab too!


Last time I visited New York in 2004 The World trade Centre area was still know as Ground Zero- there was lots of clearing and reconstruction happening back then so it was amazing to visit it completed. After my 2004 visit I decided to write my university dissertation about the survivors of 9/11. It was a moving experience to go to the museum which was full of artefacts and stories from the day-but I feel this area is full of hope.

The final two places are iconic to New York Grand Central Station and The Statue of Liberty. Grand Central Station is a brilliant place to people watch as they come and go during their day. Remember to look up and see the amazing ceiling! Finally the Statue of Liberty can be seen for free from the Staten Island ferry but to get up close and personal you really must go Liberty Island and Ellis Island to learn about the amazing statue and the history of the islands.



Have you been to NYC? What were your highlights?

Till next time,
                 Tori.
                     X

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83