Thursday 26 January 2017

Book Haul 3!

Hello My Lovelies

Well last year started with a book drought, I had no inclination to want to read and then all of a sudden I was buying and whizzing through books by the Summer and into Autumn. So here I am back with another batch of books that I recently picked up, I can't wait for a quiet weekend when its too cold to go out and I can snuggle down with a cup of tea and read one of these!

Both books I chose to pick up are again Young Adult fiction-I seem to be enjoying this genre and there are so many amazing YA authors out there at the moment. In The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson our main character David is different to his piers, his parents think he's gay and everybody at school just don't understand him-only his two best friends know the real truth that David wants to be a girl. I think this book is going to be full of change, coming to terms with who you are but also love and friendship and will possibly make me have a little cry.

Next up is You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan which screams teenage angst, told in alternating points of view between Mark and Kate who have known each other a whole year but have never spoken. This story is going to follow them both, how important they become to each other and teenage love.

I look forward to feeding back to you all my impressions of both books and if you've read them please let me know what you think.


Till next time,
                  Tori.
                       X

1 comment :

  1. I tend to gravitate to YA, I'm not sure what it is, but it's definitely my go-to.

    ReplyDelete

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83