Friday 22 September 2017

A long weekend in Northern France!

Hello My Lovelies

On the bank holiday back in August I was lucky enough to spend it in Northern France- checking out the area's of Landivy, Fougeres and Rennes. I've been to Paris a couple of times but always flown or one on the Euro Star so it was an adventure to travel on Brittany Ferries- a four hour boat ride across the channel to the land of yummy food and Bonjour!


First stop was to Fougeres and a little trip to a castle from the early 11th century built on a rock emerging from a swamp! It was fab to walk around the site and climb one of the impressive towers that had fab views out across Fougeres. The afternoon was spent eating pain au chocolate and Coca-Cola's in the sun.

The next day we took a little trip to Rennes we spent the evening in town having a lovely meal and wandering the streets and popping into Sephora (find out what I bought in my next post!!) Rennes was a really interesting city with lots of young travellers but also professionals-it was an eclectic mix!

We finished out trip with a few hours in Mont Saint-Michel. Tiny little streets inside of this fort are jam packed with shops and ice-cream parlours. If you walk the winding streets to the top you come to the monastery and you have a wonderful view out across Normandy. If you're ever in this part of France it's worth a look.


Have you been to any of these areas of France before? I would love to know your thoughts so please do leave me a comment!

Till next time,
                  Tori.
                      X


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83