Tuesday 10 November 2015

A weekend away in Salisbury!

Hello My Lovelies

Last month my mum and I decided to take a little trip away from our island to Salisbury- None of us had ever been before and we wanted to explore the Town and Cathedral.
Our first stop was Southampton to do a little bit of shopping including Savers (for all of my discounted toiletries). Then it was off to Salisbury where we headed straight for lunch at Nando's after eating lots of yummy food it was time to head for the Cathedral.
Like a lot of Cathedral's I've visited the vast structure dominates and Salisbury Cathedral has the tallest church spire in the U.K which you can see for miles around! It was a beautiful Autumn day and we thoroughly enjoyed strolling around the grounds. I was a little disappointed to see that on the website the price for entering is free and they suggest you make a donation. How ever on arrival there was a large desk that said entry was £7.50, in hindsight that's actually not very much as they use the money to keep the Cathedral well maintained. What I personally didn't agree with was other people walked in with us and they didn't stop and charge them!! I promptly made a complaint and asked for a refund and then made a contribution to one of the numerous donation boxes around.  
I absolutely loved the Autumnal displays they had around the Cathedral and the beautiful water feature.
After we had spent a couple of hours in the Cathedral and looking at the very epic Magna Carta we popped along to a local Home Sense (I wish there was on my isle!) 
I took advantage of staying the night at Jury's Inn in Southampton after I won a competition on Twitter.

The room I was allocated was on the 10th floor so had a view across Southampton. The room was pretty large for a U.K hotel and was clean and had a decent size T.V so that we could watch the rugby world cup. My room had an iron and ironing board, tea making facilities and complimentary bottles of water and cookies which was a nice touch. Sadly this hotel didn't have a car park so I had to drive ten minutes away and park in a public car park (the hotel gave the wrong post code which was highly annoying!) 

On Sunday I had plans to have the hotel breakfast and spend all day shopping in Southampton but I woke up feeling really sick so I had to return to the Isle of Wight-which put a bit of a dampener on the trip. I have how ever said I will pop on a shopping trip to Southampton next weekend so all is not lost.


Have you visited Salisbury before, let me know in the comments!


Till next time,
                   Tori.
                        X

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83