Tuesday 3 April 2018

New In: Layering Lab- first thoughts!

Hello My Lovelies

When I was in Superdrug recently I spotted some new body sprays. I was really intrigued to see that they were layering and I knew I wanted to try out them out to create a new scent but also to try the fragrance on their own too.

The concept from Layering Lab really reminds me of brands such as Jo Malone that invite you to layer up there super luxurious and expensive perfumes. These seems to be an excellent budget way of trying how the layering effect without breaking the bank or before splurging on high end.

The sprays come in these beautiful scents:
  • Gourmand- Vanilla, cassis, berries.
  • Paradise: Tangerine, green tea, vanilla.
  • Floral: Rose, raspberries, musk.
  • Oriental: Spice, berries, floral.
  • Fresh: Citrus, apple, peony.
  • Cocoon: Jasmine, vanilla, musk.

After spending a bit of time smelling them all I went for oriental and cocoon. Oriental is a warm, spicy scent with red fruits, rose and vanilla. I then decided to pick up cocoon a scent made up of white flowers, white tea, vanilla and musk. I was drawn to both of these fragrances I think because of the vanilla which is one of my favourite all time scents.

After purchasing I did check out the Superdrug website and they suggested that Oriental actually be paired with floral to create 'A truly special say' or gourmand to create 'date night' and cocoon be paired with paradise to create a 'sweet escape' or floral to create 'Cosy and Romantic'. So it would seem I picked all the wrong scents to match- However I think they are all lovely and I have even layered them successfully! 

I will defiantly be buying more from the Layering Lab and maybe even trying some of Superdrug's suggestions. I also don't think I'll spend out the big bucks for other brands layering perfumes that do the same as Superdrug. Why waste money that you can spend on even more gorgeous products!


Have you tried any of these fragrances? What are your thoughts? Share them with me on my twitter @steaders83 or my Instagram wonderfulworldblog.


Till next time,

                    Tori.
                         X

1 comment :

  1. I saw these recently but was on my lunch break and couldn't test them out, they look and sound great though!

    Jess | www.beautythroughthespecs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83